The Bodacious Belgrade Blog

November 13, 2008

And It’s…. Shenanigans!

Filed under: Uncategorized — bunitingi @ 10:20 am
Tags:

Well, i have learned a very important lesson. If some old guy you meet in a market tells you when to expect something, don’t hold your breath. Still waiting.

You get your dollar.

Wanna go double or nothing?

Tell me you are done with this.

Sort of. It IS fun, though. And we have nothing better to do to pass the waiting time.

Is it that you simply never learn, or is it that you are willfully dupable?

Well, i did learn that these stooges aren’t to be trusted.

Good. Does that include this healer guy with “the sight” you keep mentioning?

Ah no, see, that’s the thing. We never asked him as it seems a stupid question and he’s not a carnival booth for our amusement.

Well that’s good to know. I see another one of these coming.

I don’t want to bore you with any more of this nonsense. However, Maja’s doctor wanted Maja to come in this morning, and because of the fibroid induce labor. We were dead against it. Yesterday we talked it through and decided that since the baby’s official due date isn’t even until sat the 15th, we wanted to wait.

So last night night, at the exercise, aikido like classes we go to on monday and wed nights, we asked Srdjn for his opinion on what we should do.

And?

He said not to worry about anything, by the weekend we’ll be parents. We asked if this would be because of the induction, and he said it didn’t matter. Whichever choice we made it would still happen by the weekend.

So you are basically a willfull sucker.

Uh, yeah.

But if you take this all too seriously you’ll miss the fun aspect of it all.

Oh don’t worry, i assure you, i don;t take it serious whatsoever.

Right. In ANY case, we’re back this morning from going to Maja’s doctor to tell her that we wish to wait. the doctor said okay, but if by her normal Monday appointment nothing has happened she’s admitting Maja no matter what.

Hm.

So, we’re back to waiting and sincerely hoping it occurs on it’s own before Monday.

Well, good luck on that.

Thanks. Keep you updated. For now, i’m going back to bed for my mid morning nap.

Pleasant dreams.

‘Night.

Advertisements

3 Comments »

  1. I’ll leave aside my usual snark because the end of that post concerns me. Admitting Maja “no matter what”? I’m not as familiar with Serbian law as I am with the Amurcan system, but can a doctor forcibly hospitalize a pregnant woman in Serbia?

    As you may recall, we were two weeks after the due date when my wife’s water broke on the day we were scheduled to start inducing (which we did anyway). It will forever be unclear whether we should’ve waited for nature to run its course from that point on, but if you’re not even past your due date yet, I’d tell the doctor to bugger off.

    Mind you, the fibroid does present an extra variable, but as you’ve mentioned, the medical profession has a real hard-on for c-sections whether they’re necessary or not.

    Not telling you your business, though. Only you two know what’s best in your case. I’m just hearing history rhyme a bit and it rattles me. Don’t get railroaded, regret is a nasty thing to carry into the tough newborn adjustment to come.

    Oh, and you can keep your dollar. The giggles are worth more to me than dinars.

    Comment by matthew — November 13, 2008 @ 4:44 pm | Reply

  2. The preferred method here in the states for disobedient pregnant women is just to “forget” to show up for their induction if they don’t want to do it. Don’t know how insistent/caring your doc is about it. Matt and I are admittedly a bit jumpy about them, but I have heard some women say they worked just the way they were supposed to.

    And then other ones who had really bad times with them, c/section or no.

    My opinion is, it’s like leech bleeding; sometimes it helped, sometimes it hurt, and we’re in the medical Dark Ages where birth is concerned, so the doc is just guessing what’s best to do. If Maja and the baby are fine, then you can go past the “official” due date without incident; if the fibroid starts causing problems at any point, well, then you’ll know what to do.

    Or you can decide that induction is a less scary path. And you could be right, either way.
    That’s the maddening thing.

    The baby is so well-cooked now that his risks are low; he’ll get out and be fine, one way or another. Really, it’s about Maja and how she wants to travel the rest of the way at this point. We’re thinking about you both.

    Comment by emjaybee — November 13, 2008 @ 5:55 pm | Reply

  3. We’re rather against the whole induction thing. They do it here (and in the states for that matter) far too often, and at the drop of a hat. The Doc is worried about Maja’s fibroid. However we think she thought it was on the inside instead of the outside. We plan to wait out the weekend and then decide what to do sunday night.

    While we’re obviously ansy, i still don’t see reason to induce. I hear a lot of crappy stories about inductions that give way to longer labors and eventual c-sections.

    Our only mitigatiing circumstance is the fibroid.

    We’ll reapproach this again on sunday night.

    Comment by bunitingi — November 14, 2008 @ 6:40 pm | Reply


RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.

%d bloggers like this: